What you eat has a significantly impacts your health. The old saying is true: “You are what you eat.” There are many health problems we treat, but most are triggered by the same mechanisms, including hormonal imbalances, stress, dietary choices and toxins. By taking steps towards optimum health, the vast majority of health problems, including infertility, can be treated in part by changing one’s diet to more holistic, natural diet.
Using nutrition as a form of treatment works quite differently from conventional medicine. Nutritional lifestyle changes treat the source of health problems instead of addressing the symptoms individually. Additionally, a healthier diet serves as a form of preventive medicine. When your overall health becomes properly optimized, you are less susceptible to many health issues.
• Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
• Eat complex carbohydrates – whole grains like brown rice, oats, wholemeal bread.
• Buy organic foods whenever possible.
• Eat phytoestrogens, including beans such as lentils and chickpeas.
• Eat oily foods, including fish, nuts, seeds and oils.
• Reduce your intake of saturated fat from dairy products, etc.
• Drink enough fluids, but avoid drinking cold beverages.
• Increase your intake of fibre.
• Avoid additives, preservatives and chemicals such as artificial sweeteners.
• Reduce your intake of caffeine.
• Reduce alcohol intake.
• Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in food.
• Avoid gluten products whenever possible.
Influence on Fertility
• When you consume a wholesome, well-balanced, minimally processed diet, you fuel your body with the nutrients that you need for ideal health. A healthy diet will allow your body to function at its’ peak and will promote a strong immune system. It will best support the operation of every system and process in your body–from the beating of your heart and the blinking of your eyes to an efficient metabolism and a healthy reproductive system.
So, whether you suffer from endometriosis, menstrual cramps, pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), infertility, urinary tract infections (UTI’s), yeast infections or menopause, having a nutrient-rich, low saturated fat diet will help your body to better manage each situation. And if you are trying to conceive, nourishing your body with the appropriate food is one of the best things that you can do to create a warm and inviting environment for your baby to thrive.
Influence on Women’s Health
More than likely you have heard that you should eat a wholesome, well-balanced diet. Like many women, you may know the basics——that eating this way means you need to consume an abundance of vegetables and plenty of omega-3 fats, along with adequate amounts of fruit, whole grains, lean protein, nonfat or low-fat dairy products (or other calcium-rich foods), nuts and legumes. Like most females, you want to ensure that you are getting plenty of health-promoting phytonutrients, but most likely fall short by at least one or more servings of leafy green vegetables daily, and a few orange or red ones, too.
You probably realize that you need calcium for bone health, but you may not know that you also need it for muscle contraction or that it may help to ease symptoms of PMS. You may also realize that nuts are a great way to get heart-healthy fats that help to keep your blood vessels in good working order so that they can best deliver oxygen-rich blood to your reproductive organs as well as throughout your body. However, you are probably also aware that when you eat them, you tend to gain weight. You may know that you need omega -3 fats, especially DHA if you are pregnant or are planning to conceive to help with the development of your baby’s brain. You have also heard that consuming too much of some fish that are some of the best sources of DHA are high in mercury, which is toxic, or that they are high in cancer-causing PCBs. However, if you are like most people, you wonder how you can accomplish all of this while living a fast paced life that involves eating meals on the go.
And you wonder how you can squeeze all of these nutrients that are essential for good health into your mouth, without overdoing it.That’s where we come in. We help you to tailor your diet to ensure that you get your body into tip-top nutritional health so that you can feel your best no matter whether you are battling frequent urinary tract or yeast infections, dealing with hot flashes and menopause, trying to conceive or if you are pregnant and working to create the best possible environment for a baby to grow. We work with your lifestyle and your current eating habits to ensure that eating nutritiously can become a simple reality for you. And in the meantime, the only side effect you’ll experience is that you’ll feel more energetic, happier, and more in control of your life.